Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's the thought that counts

"He's finally warming up to me," I thought as I reached out to accept his gift. Oscar, a mischievous eight year old boy, had been quite uninterested in befriending a gringa - though I had fervently tried for the last several days. Thus, I was quite surprised by his kind gesture when he handed me a beautiful orange paper flower. "Who made this?" I inquired in Spanish. "I dunno," he replied with a shrug. "I found it in the cemetery."

                                                    (Oscar is in the front right of this picture.)

2 comments:

  1. You should have known there would be trouble when it involves Oscar! ;-) I miss that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting that picture! I remember that girl on the right :)

    ReplyDelete