Wednesday, January 12, 2011

But now

Prior to attending Generation of Youth for Christ (GYC) in December 2004, there were many things I had never done:

I had never come forward in response to an appeal. I had never known that women have a special role in ministry. I had never openly sobbed for joy when a best friend accepted the call for re-baptism. I had never realized there were 7,000 other youth (and counting!) which had not bowed their knees to the gods of this world. I had never realized how many ministry opportunities are available for young people. I had never been actively involved at my church. I had never considered what calling God had placed on my life.

But now -

I know what my purpose is in life. I know so many youth and young adults with the same passion for Christ that I have. I know the joy that comes from being active in evangelism and encouraging other people to get involved as well. I know the time is short. I know additional methods for sharing my faith with others. I know the importance of ministry to secular campuses. I know that God has placed a call on my life for full-time ministry. I know that there is nothing worth turning back for. Most importantly, I know whom I have believed in…

If you haven’t gone before (or even if you have), pray about attending GYC 2011in Houston, TX. You will be humbled, challenged, blessed, and inspired – I just know it.

2 comments:

  1. A very touching Testimony! (I just wish it wasn't always over New Year's as I'm normally with family for the holidays.) I have been wanting to make it to another one though, they are amazing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the dates are definitely a challenge. I wish it was a bit later...

    You should check out WYC! It's during the summer so you won't miss out on any time around the Christmas tree. :) www.WesternYouthConference.org

    ReplyDelete